Thursday 9 April 2015

Upcoming Trip to Nepal!

9th April 2015

Hi everyone, it's Lydia here!

We have exciting news at Elefair this week as we have booked our next trip to Nepal and we will be jetting off next week for a month! We can't wait for our trip and no doubt we will return with plenty of goodies and new stock for our shop.

A beautiful shot of the Himalayas in Nepal
This will be a very interesting experience for me personally as it will be the first time I have ever been to Nepal! After working at Elefair for 5 months now, I have heard so much about it and after working with the products for a while, I have gained somewhat of an understanding of how the products are made and how the business works. This experience is going to enable me to fully appreciate the work that goes into each of the products and I am hoping to develop a more in depth understanding on how Ele runs her business!

Ladies working in the felt factory
Over the course of the month I will be designing my own range for Elefair, "Lydia Denton for Elefair" whilst witnessing Elefair products being made before my eyes and maybe even getting a chance to try my hand at making something! I love to design and I have always dreamed about having my own designs being sold in a shop so I am beyond excited that I am going to get this opportunity in my placement year!

Whilst I am in Nepal I also hope to see the beautiful country and be able embrace the unique Nepalese culture that I have heard so much about, which is one of the reasons Elefair began in the first place.

In the mean time, please look out for updates across all of our social media websites, as we will have some exciting news approaching with plenty of beautiful new products for our lovely customers in our little Elefair shop. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment