Wednesday 3 October 2012

A creative day...

Tuesday 2nd October 2012

Today began with a healthy glass of fruit juice at the local walk-up juice stand.  They throw all sorts of exciting things into the mix including papaya and pomegranate and it was just the tonic against the dusty roads around Thamel. I was collected from the hotel late morning by Shakti Singh, the owner of a local felt factory.  Back in the office we drew some exciting new designs for felt necklaces which I have big plans for, and I also picked out some fun new Christmas gift ideas including finger puppets, rings and clips.  I spent most of the afternoon checking on orders and drinking the various hot beverages which accompany such meetings.  This evening was a lot of fun as I visited my friend Rabindra who is manager of a well known local restaurant set in a former palace which serves traditional nepali and newari food and even stages elaborate folks dances from various regions of Nepal. I enjoyed the six course feast and a lengthy catch up with Rabindra, even if I did get pecked on the head by a man dressed as a peacock (not sure what folk dance that counts as). 



Fruit Juice Man
Nepali Folk Dancers
Pecking Peacock

No comments:

Post a Comment