Monday 8 October 2012

Saying goodbye to my brothers...

Saturday 6th October 2012

As my 'brothers' Santosh and Krish were still in Kathmandu I called them early to make sure they had taken tea and bread, then met them at midday to go for a tasty dal bhat dinner, joining us were a couple of other nepali friends who the boys used to know when they were at school.  It was a happy occasion we had a good chat and even better dal bhat.  The nepalese canteen system means that you get free top ups of everything from rice to pickle to vegetable curry to lentils and the boys certainly made good work of that!  I was given lots of presents including some glass bangles and a fancy watch and I handed out goody bags to everyone too, with little things I have collected throughout the year in the UK.
Me with some of the gifts I received
Eating Dal Bhat
We moved on to meet yet more friends to the popular Northfield Cafe where I was excited to introduce Krish's kids to the tortoise that lives on the cafe grounds and wanders about.  Neither of them seemed afraid of it and chased the poor thing around until we told them he would be tired. 

Santosh with the tortoise
Though everyone was full from dal bhat I made them have some peppermint tea and then we checked out Pradip's Art Shop and all picked out our favourite paintings (didn't actually buy any of course).  Saying goodbye to the boys is never easy, especially this time as Krish is due to take up a work contract in Malaysia properly.  Nepal outsources a lot of manpower to the middle east and south east asia and Krish will be taking a three-year contract packing clothes in a factory.

Me with Krish's family
As I am heading to Gorkha tomorrow I spent the evening getting everything ready, a very sensible Saturday evening :D

No comments:

Post a Comment