Thursday 11 October 2012

Nearly home time...

Wednesday 10th October 2012

This morning I decided to try to get my head back into the idea of being back at home by putting on the BBC news, it's always surreal listening to the World News when for the most part I am caught up in my own little world when I am in Nepal! The morning began dramatically when the bathroom flooded as I took my shower and I came out to find my room like a lake! The cleaning lady soon mopped it up and I was ready to begin a day of traipsing about various places trying to confirm all orders have been completed to my satisfaction and make sure I have done my sums correctly. Although I haven't ordered huge amounts of stock this time, there's still been plenty of margin for error and I picked up on a few things on my travels around Thamel, but nothing that a cup of tea and a natter couldn't fix, I think I managed 8 cups of tea today!

Over a meeting at a little Japanese cafe with Razza from the bead bazaar who I was talking through a specially commissioned rose quartz and pearl bracelet with, my designer friend Rupak turned up out of the blue with his business partner so I made time to sit down and eat a proper lunch, something I rarely get to do in Nepal. In the early evening I headed to Paper Park, a shop selling products made from recycled paper rather than the lokta (leaf fibre) paper which is famous in Nepal. The owner Dibya Acharaya is really committed to his business and runs a big recycled paper factory which sources the paper he uses for his designs. I love the rose and chilli pens and was there to discuss an upcoming order, when I bumped into a friend of mine, Annie Pariyar, who is married to a Nepalese man and runs a business selling nepalese accessories. Cue introductions, tea and lots of laughs as Dibya picked our brains for new design ideas.

Annie in the Paper Park shop with Dibya
Kancha and my friend Amy came to meet us and we headed to La Dolce Vita, an Italian restaurant which was established in Thamel 26 years ago and serves excellent pasta and pizza as well as decent wine. I specifically chose there because Ishwor, the nice guy who walked me from the bus back to Thamel yesterday, works there and told me to bring my friends in for a ten percent discount. It was really nice to relax and share news and we were the last people to leave!  

Me with Amy, Annie and Ishwor

No comments:

Post a Comment