Wednesday 3 October 2012

Princess of Pearls or Felt Fairy?

Monday 1st October 2012

I spent this morning doing what I love best in my job: bringing pieces my customers have commissioned to life! We have had all sorts of orders this time with many different stones, I always feel like a princess picking out all kinds of glittery gems and drawing up new designs.  After a happy couple of hours I headed on to another workshop where our bespoke silver clasps are made by a talented local silversmith, Mohan, I am making some new pearl pieces which these will be just perfect with so we worked out logistics and I shall hopefully have them ready for the Christmas season.  From silver to felt I headed over to Ishwor's Felt Shop and went over to the showroom to get inspiration for some new ideas.  I found some cute little things and some much bigger ones, I even had chance to model a huge felt flower wreath garland I found.  

Final stop of the day for me was snacks with my blind friend Kancha.  As we met early evening Kancha was accompanied by one of the children from the centre (during the daytime he usually negotiates the busy streets by himself with his white stick!). He brought Sujan, a lovely smiley little boy, I let him pick anything he wanted from the Newari (Kathmandu area) cafe we went to and so of course he chose chicken! Whilst Kancha and I discussed Charity affairs Sujan entertained himself with the game on my phone, at least some things don't change no matter which country you are in!  

Me wearing a felt garland
Kancha and Sujan

No comments:

Post a Comment