Sunday 14 April 2013

A Little Extra Help?

Monday 25th March 2013

As there’s a big festival tomorrow in Nepal there was lots of running around to do today to ensure my work would be completed ready for my departure on Friday morning. I worked from the Northfield café where they do bottomless coffees and met with several of my friends and suppliers including Razza, who’s great at beadwork.

I had a surreal experience when I popped to the bank. The manager overheard me talking with the bank clerk in nepali and insisted I join him and a few other staff members for a cup of coffee in his office. I was bombarded with questions about my work in Nepal, they were so interested, I can’t quite imagine that happening in the Halifax!

After a cup of tea and chat with Kancha at Tri Netra I headed over to Bijendra’s house where he was hosting a small dinner party with his family plus me and three other British guests, Bob, Juliette and Heather. It was a lovely evening spent on the rooftop eating delicious dal bhat, drinking beer and sharing stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment