Tuesday 16 April 2013

Tikka blessing

Thursday 28th March 2013

Having realised that I can’t finish everything by tomorrow I got up early to cancel my flight and buy a new one, for Sunday. Job done, it was time to get on with making my wedding attire so I met Rupak at the Women’s Skills centre and tried on the dress with the head tailor.

There was a big festival on in Patan so Rupak took me to a local café for lunch and to check out the concert being set up in the main temple square. I had a “tikka” (blessing) from the local living goddess Kumari (as you do) and bought a gorgeous dress for my flowergirl, then it was back to Kathmandu to meet friends for momos and homemade lemonade. I went to meet my American friend Amy and her graphic designer boyfriend Sworup at a Vietnamese restaurant in Lazimpat. Next stop was new bar Fluid where I hit the floor with friends Kamal, Rajesh, Mingma and Nima.

No comments:

Post a Comment