Sunday 14 April 2013

Design Ideas

Tuesday 19th March 2013

I met Rupak first thing at the Women’s Skills Centre and he helped to sort out the designs for my dress and bridesmaids dresses. Tens of women study at the centre, learning everything from simple tailoring to sari making and hair and beauty. It was great to see the girls, I drank lots of tea chatting to the centre manager, Rosina, about design ideas. 

Trying on sari's to help finalise designs

After collecting the fabric I ordered yesterday and dropping it to Rupak I met Ishwor for a drink at a tiny courtyard café called Newar de Café. Had a lovely night out at Or2K where I was treated to wine and a dessert, two things that are not often on the menu for me over here. As the curfew reached we took refuge in the courtyard of my hotel with a hot toddy to stave off the chilly night air. 

Chocolate souffle, Nepali styleee

No comments:

Post a Comment