Sunday 7 April 2013

The Journey Begins...Nepal 2013!

Wednesday 13th March 2013

My journey to Nepal went pretty smoothly. After being seen off by my friend Nirja over a glass of wine I took my Air India flight and slept for the whole journey, only to be prodded awake at mealtimes by the friendly Indian lady sitting next to me.  On the cuisine: you know it’s not a good sign when you can’t tell from looking which dish is the starter and which is dessert, even after eating them both I couldn’t be 100% sure! My lovely blind “dhai” (brother) Kancha was waiting for me at the airport with the cheery Sujan, one of the orphans at Tri Netra who often helps him when he needs a travel companion, to greet me.

After checking into my hotel we headed for food, I let Kancha choose and we went to the popular BK’s place which is well known for it’s “finger chips” (or as we call them, just, er, “chips”) and samosas, a surprisingly happy pairing.

A little later I popped for a cuppa with some friends in their bike shop, but much as I would have loved to trailblaze through Thamel (the tourist area) I just managed another quick cuppa with my friend Ishwor at his felt shop before succumbing to exhaustion from my travels and heading back to the hotel for…zzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment