Monday 8 April 2013

A New Prime Minister brings a New Curfew

Friday 15th March 2013

Felt very poorly (stomach trouble L -  was the 3am dal bhat a mistake after all?!) so spent a lot of the day resting.  I did manage a meeting with my friend Ishwor from the felt shop, he brought me medicine and we had a simple dinner together at a local restaurant.  As my stomach still felt so delicate I drank black tea all night.  I must have looked quite a sight as I went to a psy-trance outdoor party at the popular Funky Buddha club for most of the evening, me in my fifties style dress drinking tea with all the hippies raving like mad.  It was really good fun :D I bumped into my old friend Michael and had a catch up, then headed over to a cocktail bar called Full Moon for some live music and more chats with friends.

Today a new prime minister came to power in Nepal, a decision which has not been wholly popular, and has therefore been accompanied by a blanket curfew across the city.  Everything has to close at midnight, and the police were out in force to make sure that the newly created law was stringently enforced.

No comments:

Post a Comment