Tuesday 16 April 2013

I love you Nepal...

Sunday 31st March 2013

The sad last day L Plenty of time to get ready as my flight wasn’t until the evening, so I took up residence in Northfield, a last day tradition, to meet with various friends for brunch. I had a delicious hot croissant and eggs and plenty of coffee. 

Enjoying brunch at Northfield Cafe
I had a meeting with Kancha, Sujan, Stu and Jaco about establishing a drama programme at Tri Netra (very exciting!). Sujan was mysteriously sporting a pen tattoo of a heart with the name “Marie” inside (I think someone has a crush!). Later Azziz the gemstone dealer, Amy, and various suppliers including Nabin, Razza and Ishwor came for a drink and to wrap up affairs.

Back at my hotel my blind friend Birodha came to keep me company as I packed my bags. We got a weighing scale from the reception staff which helped us to keep track of things. Again we had various visitors arriving to drop off last minute orders, including my friend Rupak dropping off my finished dress…VERY exciting ;-)

Packing and weighing my bags
As night fell Kancha and Sujan came back to the hotel and we met Bijendra who drove us to the airport. After an emotional goodbye I headed inside…only to be told that my flight had closed 4 minutes earlier! Much as I would have loved to have stayed, I realised I couldn’t afford to buy yet another ticket, and a heartfelt plea (and a few tears!) later I was admitted into the departure lounge.

With Kancha and Bijendra at the airport
I love you Nepal! Until next time……..

No comments:

Post a Comment