Sunday 14 April 2013

From snow to sun

Sunday 24th March 2013

After reading about the snow in England I felt almost guilty when my first meeting (with Gyanraj from a felt showroom I work with) had to be moved inside because the sunny terrace was proving swelteringly hot! We made up a great order and then I headed to visit the girls at the Skills Centre with the freshly dyed fabrics for the bridesmaid dresses. I had a fitting for my dress, then drew out the bridesmaid designs with Rosina whilst her gorgeous little boy ran around in the fairy wings I’ve kept here in Nepal since the era of psy trance raves in 2007-8!

Rosina's son with my wings
I met my long time friend Ranju (we’ve known each other for 13 years!) in Or2K for coffee and catch up, and when she left I had the pleasure of meeting up with Stu and Jaco from Holland who worked here for a long spell and are still great friends of mine. 

Ranju and I
We had a brilliant evening which began with them (accidentally!) ordering VERY spicy snacks which none of us could eat on the terrace of the De La Soul bar. We soon moved on to Buddha Bar (who needs a dance floor? We made our own!) for shisha and tequila (ouch!) then our friend’s bar which stayed open for us for a couple of hours. It was great to see the boys again, they have helped to open SPAK (School of Performing Arts in Kathmandu) and it is proving very popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment