Tuesday 16 April 2013

Last Night

Saturday 30th March 2013

Took brunch at Northfield and met up with Azziz, a gemstone dealer I met in Nepal six years ago. He showed me some of the fabulous stones he had brought from Jaipur including Larimar and Lemon Topaz. Back at my hotel I prepared party bags for the children at Tri Netra and wrapped a pass the parcel. I hosted a couple of suppliers for tea and chats as I made my preparations, but somehow I managed to get everything ready on time, and my Danish friends Marie and Amalie met me at the hotel to travel over to Tri Netra together where we met with the kids, Kancha and our friend Gopal.  There was no power for the first hour we were there, but we were able to play with the kids and run music through my laptop. After playing pass the parcel and musical bumps we had a delicious dal bhat with a special fish curry – all cooked onsite at the centre – then it was time for singing, cutting the cake (the kids all sang “Happy Birthday” even though it was clearly not anyone’s birthday!) and handing out the party bags. We all had a brilliant time and left feeling on top of the world.

Chilling with the kids at Tri Netra
Eating delicious dal bhat 
Time to cut the cake!
Some of the kids enjoying the cake 
Kushum with her party bag
Marie, Amelie and I then headed to another area of Kathmandu called Jhawlakel to Moksh bar where my dutch friends Stu and Jaco were performing an acoustic gig. It was really nice to see them on stage, I have known them for 6 years but only seen them perform a handful of times. Our final evening (the Dutch girls were leaving first thing Sunday!) continued back in Thamel when we met Gopal back at a friend’s bar for a farewell cocktail.  Gopal played barman and made quite a hilarious job of it! As everything was ready to close by now the girls had planned ahead by buying a big bottle of rum and Gop, the girls and I headed back to my hotel to listen to tunes, look at photos and share stories in my room – last night, curfew style!

Amalie, Marie and I continuing the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment