Sunday 14 April 2013

Cinderella Style

Wednesday 20th March 2013

I began today with a meeting at the Kriti Craft felt factory where I created some new designs with the owners Shakti and Sonu, including a pea pod brooch and some tea time treat themed necklaces.

In the afternoon I headed back to the Women’s Skills Centre to check on “project wedding dress” and also have some clothes I’d brought from the UK altered.  It was so exciting to see the women working alongside each other on my dress with a lot of skill and patience.

In the evening I met my friend Steffi, a lovely German girl, who’s studying here and helping to run a children’s centre, and her friends Anna and Miles.  We caught up over dinner and drinks, it was somebody’s birthday in the bar we were sitting in so we were treated to quite an array of dancefloor antics, and lots of friends passed through.  The night didn’t last too long of course as we had to move out by midnight, Cinderella style.

At De La Soul with Steffi and Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment